Saturday 16 February 2013

A portrait of me By Lachlan Moloney West Campus




Dying young scares me. Everybody dies eventually but I want to be able to live my life to the fullest before that happens. Failing in life is a big worry as well. I want to make sure I have a great job in the future and be very successful as an electrician and DJ.

I am a resident DJ for ZOO Underage at Chasers Nightclub. I have been DJing for about a year and a half now. I started off just playing on a computer program, and then I saved enough money to get myself equipment. Many of my friends thought I was very talented with DJing, so I decided to take it to the next level. I wanted to become a part of the music industry. There are parties called Underages that my friends and I go to. It’s a safe party for young teens and includes popular DJs that are known by young people, dancers, light shows and many other great things. I started selling tickets for one of the Underages, Zoo Underage. I met the event planner for Zoo and he found out I wanted to get into DJing and gave me a spot to DJ at the next event. 

On the 21st of December 2011, I DJ’d for the first time at Chasers on Chapel Street. Chasers is a huge club, it has two floors, 3 side rooms and a massive main stage. ZOO Underage is a special party organized for people 13-17 years old. It has security, and no alcohol, no smoking and no drugs. It is designed to be a place for kids to enjoy themselves and have a great time. I got given the opportunity to DJ in one of the side rooms on the second floor. I was extremely nervous about doing it. I was worried I would stuff up and make a fool of myself. I was the opening DJ for that room and as I started playing my music, people started flooding the room! There were so many people there dancing and listening to my music. I was really pleased with how the night turned out.  After doing three events at Zoo, I am now their newest resident DJ.

I have had many pets in the past. One that I remember was my frog. My frog’s name was Google because he had googly eyes. Google was green and always slimy. When I first got Google, he was a little tadpole. I watched him slowly form into a frog, beginning with his legs, then his arms, then finally his tail disappearing. He then jumped out the water and became a frog. But sadly, Google died one extremely hot day when most of his water evaporated. 
I now own a dog named Jasper. He is a golden cocker spaniel. He is a crazy dog and always jumps around like a lunatic. We have had him since he was a  puppy. He is about two years old this year.

In 2009, my mum, sister, and I went for a trip to Queensland! We did so much stuff there. We went to every single theme park: Movie World, Dream World, Wet And Wild, Sea World, White Water World and more! I went on so many rides. It was great fun. We stayed at three different places, Couran Cove, Mantra Hotel and the Sea World Resort. It was a great holiday.

One of the teachers I will remember most was my grade 4 teacher, Mr. Thompson. He was really funny and he gave us a lot of free time! He would tell funny jokes, make us laugh and have fun with us. We would play computer games, bring in our model cars and look at our tadpole enclosure. It was great fun being in his class.

I have many great friends; some of them that are from school like Paige, Vladimir, Raela, Serkan, Ismail, Steven, Ali, Peter, Abdel, Taylor, Jess and more. Some friends I work with are, Nathan, Chris, Tollunay, Aiden, Adrian, Rojdar and more.

I really love making my friends laugh. It makes me feel good that I’m making them happy and putting a smile on their faces. I love music also. I enjoy listening to music and showing my friends all the new songs I find. I love going to parties with my friends, it gives us a chance to catch up and have a good time.



No comments:

Post a Comment