Saturday 16 February 2013

For many of us, both males and females, our greatest enemy is the mirror By Cassey Cutmore North Campus




For many of us, both males and females, our greatest enemy is the mirror - sadly that’s true. So many people are unsatisfied with themselves. They take drastic measures to try and make themselves ‘perfect’. The thing is that they were already perfect and here are some reasons why.

I have seen this in my friends and family, they look at themselves in the mirror they look down at their bodies with disgust and disappointment. They always say “I’m not perfect” or “Why am I so fat?” I try and tell them they are not fat and they are perfect but they don’t listen to me. I have a friend who has been on a diet since she was ten.

So many people say that they want to look like models and celebrities. The truth is they are too thin. There have been cases of models and celebrities dying because they didn’t get the nutrients from food. What’s the use of trying to look like celebrities when they are no better than us.


This is an actual story. My friend was only about 30 kilos she was so thin for a 15 year old. She got bullied because she was so thin. She went to the doctors at the start of the year. The doctor said that if she didn’t put some weight on she would be sent to a rehabilitation centre. Now she is about 40 kilos and is going well. She is now happy with the way she is.


Thank-you for reading my writing and my friend’s story. Please remember that you are perfect no matter what. You are who you are, so don’t change that. Please stay the way you are. Perfect
        

No comments:

Post a Comment