Saturday 16 February 2013

THE WEATHER By Sarah Britton North Campus



It's springtime in Melbourne. When I look outside I can see the sun shining through the window making everything look so sparkly. I get up from my desk and walk down the steps outside. I can feel the sun warming up my back and the birds are singing. All of the sudden the birds stop singing, I look up and see dark clouds are coming around and a cool, sharp breeze is blowing. I hear thunder then lightning. Two seconds later the lightning hit me and I was never seen again.


* * *

As soon as I get home I turn off the heater, "Who would want the heater on when it's only 2 degrees outside?" I say to myself. I just love the cold weather -  suddenly feeling really warm. I quickly run outside to get some fresh air. When I get outside I can see the sun shining as brightly as ever. "Why can’t the weather just stay cold.." were the last words I said before the sun fried me into a crisp. 


* * *

It's autumn in Melbourne. When I look outside I can see the leaves turning from green to yellow, to brown. "I just love autumn," I say, "because it's never too hot nor too cold." I walk outside and sniff the air, "What a great day tod.." I don't even have a chance to finish my sentence because a tornado is forming. I try to run back inside but, it's too late. I was thrown up into the air and never seen again. 

UNTIL NOW.....


No comments:

Post a Comment